Administration & Marketing Assistant
GDANCE Academy, a leader in classical ballet and performing arts education is looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and takes pride in their career to work in our academy.
For the past 14 years, GDANCE Academy has been empowering students through dance to become leaders in excellence and artistry. GDANCE Academy services over 200 students over 70 classes per week and requires an Administration and Marketing Assistant to keep our office and operations in check. We are looking for an Administration and Marketing Assistant who is willing to go above and beyond, you will not only manage our admin duties but assist in shining light into our student’s lives. Working in a fast paced and diverse environment you will report to the Studio Owner and associate with children and parents on a daily basis.
As an Administration Assistant at GDANCE Academy, a typical day might include the following:
• Greet students and parents
• Answer the phone, pick up the phone and don’t let the phone out of your sight
• Process payments using Google Sheets
• Chase up late student payments
• Handling new student enquiries (providing information on classes, fees, bookings)
• Extensive scheduling and timetable management
• Liaise with teachers on a daily basis
• Newsletter management
• Basic marketing tasks
• Updating social media accounts
• Email list management
• Run errands for the Studio Owner
This job might be for you if you enjoy the following:
• Are really passionate about systems, administration, paperwork.
• Are proficient in Google Sheets/Excel, Mail, online systems or are willing to be up to speed by the 1st interview.
• Have intermediate tech/PC skills and have sound knowledge in basic operating systems
• Enjoy a challenge such as having to rearrange a timetable in 20 minutes as a teacher has called in sick.
• Delivering a great customer experience and always finding a solution.
• Mediating payment issues and clearly communicating policies and guidelines.
To land this job you will need to:
• Love working in a high energy and fast paced environment and like being surrounded by peers. This job would not suit someone who does not like being around crowds
• Love children and the performing arts
• Are really passionate about systems, administration, paperwork
• Be a worker and think quick on your feet
• Be the studio owner’s right hand guy/gal
• Be the studio owner’s second set of eyes
• Be happy to work and joyful to see students/customers walk through the door
• Want to be involved in duties outside of the office such as concerts, exams, presentations, awards nights and eisteddfods
10 - 20 hours per week
RATE OF PAY
3 month trial period at $18 per hour, increasing to $22 per hour upon successful trial
To apply, please complete the application form found here:
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Want to join team GDANCE?
At GDANCE Academy we are always on the look out for gifted and talented teachers as we grow and evolve. So if you think you have what we're looking for, please get in touch and we'll get back to you!